Monday 19 January 2009

Winter colour inspiration






I love working with colour and start any project thinking about the colours that could theme it or that would be appropriate to the task. At the end of last week, I was working on a job and it was at the stage of checking the cmyk print colours before final print. Everything that I was looking at was on screen (rgb) and proofs were on inkjet (rgb). I was being pestered by the dogs to go out and as I looked out it way grey, cold, windy and very January gloomy outside. No colour inspiration at all. However, as I walked and being already tuned in to colour, I saw it everywhere, grabbed a few pics and have sampled a surprising winter rainbow. The colours that are missing are pale yellows and strong reds (although I saw 3 dried up holly berries looking like a tired, past-its-sell-by-date christmas decoration). I love seeing a palette of colours pulled out of an image and use this as a way to colour type against images in brochure design. This is why I am addicted to Kris's color stripes blog.

No comments: