Wednesday 29 December 2010

White Christmas


Happy Christmas. (Yes, sorry it is a little late).
In the run up to Christmas this year everything seemed as if blasted by a cold, fresh, polar wind visiting early straight from the Arctic. On some days opening the back door felt like opening a door to a coldstore, the air often colder than that in my freezer. This year my christmas card has a polar theme, inspired both by the cool of winter and an image that has stuck in my mind of a polar bear drifting on the melting ice floe. Like a polar bear, none of us know what is ahead in the coming year. I hope that whatever leads you, be it a star, the wind or the daily tide of life, I hope that you will find a happy and warm place. A very happy new year to you all!

3 comments:

Jon Dudley said...

New year's resolution from you...more blogging!
Hope this year is good for you and yours.

hoop said...

Yes Jon. That should be one of my one too many new years resolutions this year! Every year in the past I have adopted the Nike strapline as my resolution 'Just do it'. The problem with that is that I just want to do everything, all at once!. What's yours?

Jon Dudley said...

It's absolutely pointless, my making NYRs...I started a diary last year and got to the middle of Feb. I started one this year and got to 6th Jan...pathetic. There are tons of things I want to do before I shuffle off this mortal coil...like taking up drawing again...or writing...or...